IT Acceptable Use Policy – Short Version
IT ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY FOR STUDENTS
The full student IT Acceptable Use Policy is available on the IT Services Website.
- You must behave properly when using computers. Do not violate the privacy or disrupt the work of other users.
- You must protect your network account and password as you are fully responsible for any activity carried out under your username. This means you must not share your college computer account.
- Your network account can be accessed by the college at any time to check for appropriate use. We can intercept email and Internet activity and you should have no expectation of privacy.
- You should not send inappropriate emails or instant messages (via Moodle) or write derogatory comments about other staff or students.
- If you are aware of any misuse of computers or receive unwanted emails, please report it to a member of staff.
- You should set your privacy settings on social networking sites including Facebook at the highest settings, to protect your personal identity and data.
- You must not play, download or store unauthorised software, music, videos, text, sound or images or access inappropriate websites or download music or publications which breach copyright law.
Updated August 2014